Our rock sliders are built with 1/8" steel. They are built to function but also to compliment your machine. These sliders are attached with our custom made brackets and 5/16" bolts.
Sliders are bent and wrap under the machine 2.5".
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE, OR PLAN TO GET THE THE POLARIS XP OR XL FLARES ON YOUR REGULAR GENERAL, THEN YOU WILL NEED TO ORDER THE XP VERSION OF THE SLIDERS. OR YOU WILL NEED TO TRIM THE SLIDERS AS YOU DO THE PLASTIC ON THE MACHINE. THERE WILL BE AN EXCHANGE FEE FOR SLIDERS NEEDING EXCHANGED.
Comes with all mounting hardware.
Comes in pairs of left and right.
Standard pricing is regular, texture black, and square tubing.
Pricing changes with color, round tubing, and XP version options.
Please allow up to 3 weeks for this product to ship as they are built to order most of the time.
General 4 Seat Rock Sliders
- Remove T-40 Torx screws from side of machine that is threaded into the frame. 2 seat cars will have 3 per side, 4 seat cars will have 4 per side.
- Drill out threaded holes IN THE FRAME of the machine, that the torx screws came out of, with a 1/4" drill bit. (Do not drill out the bracket)
- Frame needs to be drilled out so the bracket gets sucked up tight inside the frame.
- Use the supplied 5/16" bolt, threaded into supplied bracket, and fish that into the frame towards the newly reamed out hole.
- TIP- Do not completely clean out threads of thread cut filings. It helps keep the bracket horizontal to slide into the frame.
- Screw the T-40 Torx screw back into its original (drilled out) hole, and tighten it into the bracket that is now inside the frame. There are enough washers to add a washer to the T-40 Torx screw. It is not uncommon for the plastic to be pulled through on these older Polaris machines.
- Once you have the Torx screw threaded into the bracket, use the supplied bolt (still threaded into the bracket) and center the bolt in the hole in the frame, and tighten up. Do not over tighten, as you may strip threads, or break the bolt.
- Unthread the 5/16" bolt, and repeat. Once all brackets are installed on one side, you can install the slider.
- As you are installing, a small screwdriver may help in aligning the brackets to the mounts on the sliders.